POEM – WHAT IS PRAYER?
In the morning,
in the evening,
in the silence of nature,
in the busy city routine.
a personal and private process,
with others in the community.
…a space where God speaks
…a space where God says nothing.
a space where questions come up
“What are you going to do with your life?”
…a meeting with the deeper self,
…the meeting of the human with the divine.
a way of being connected
to God within oneself,
…to God outside the self,
…God in others,
…God in nature,
…God in all things,
…to what was and what will come.
– A personal experience of prayer
– Prayer – www.takingcharge.csh.umn.edu/explore-healing-practices/prayer
– Can faith help us cope with stress? – adrenalfatiguesolution.com/faith-and-stress/
– Psychologist sees benefits of prayer, meditation on mental health – news.emory.edu/stories/2013/08/spirited_psychologist_sees_benefits_of_prayer/campus.html
– Resources for youth workers and teachers: www.prayerspaces.com
To pray on-line:
– www.sacredspace.ie – suitable for 17 years old and over
– www.pray-as-you-go.org – designed to pray wherever and whenever
– www.loyolapress.com/3-minute-retreats-daily-online-prayer – 3 minute Bible-life reflection
– ocarm.org/en/lectio-divina – designed to pray with the Bible